Parsuchak Village, with population of 1204 is Varanasi sub district's the 403rd least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Parsuchak village is 2 km2 and it is the 178th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 772 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Parsuchak village to Varanasi is 20 km. The village comes under Nichaisipur panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 30 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 29 km away.


The village is home to 1204 people, among them 616 (51%) are male and 588 (49%) are female. 93% of the whole population are from general caste, 7% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Parsuchak village is 15%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 155 households in the village and an average 8 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 14.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1048. Female population growth rate of the village is 14.4% which is -1% lower than male population growth rate of 15.4%. General caste population has increased by 13.7%; Schedule caste population has increased by 35.6% and child population has decreased by -18.8% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 955 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 941, in schedule caste is 1162. There are 898 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 8 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 111 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.


Total 726 people in the village are literate, among them 428 are male and 298 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Parsuchak is 71%. 83% of male and 60% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 7%. Male literacy has gone up by 2% and female literacy rate has gone up by 14%.

Workers profile

Parsuchak has 32% (390) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 46% male and 18% female population are working population. 35% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 11% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 3% of total female population are main and 14% are marginal workers.