Kharagraipur Village, with population of 621 is Varanasi sub district's the 219th least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Kharagraipur village is 0 km2 and it is the 168th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 2003 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Kharagraipur village to Varanasi is 16 km. Pin code of Kharagraipur village is 221311. The village comes under Bahoran Pur panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 30 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 29 km away.


The village is home to 621 people, among them 322 (52%) are male and 299 (48%) are female. 82% of the whole population are from general caste, 18% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kharagraipur village is 14%, among them 58% are boys and 42% are girls. There are 94 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 7.6% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 577. Female population growth rate of the village is 2.7% which is -9.9% lower than male population growth rate of 12.6%. General caste population has increased by 5.4%; Schedule caste population has increased by 18.9% and child population has decreased by -11.5% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 929 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 939, in schedule caste is 883. There are 735 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 88 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 727 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.


Total 395 people in the village are literate, among them 236 are male and 159 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kharagraipur is 74%. 86% of male and 60% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 6%. Male literacy has gone down by -1% and female literacy rate has gone up by 12%.

Workers profile

Kharagraipur has 26% (162) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 45% male and 5% female population are working population. 20% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 25% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 3% of total female population are main and 2% are marginal workers.