Kanthipur Village, with population of 1182 is Varanasi sub district's the 400th least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Kanthipur village is 0 km2 and it is the 211st smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 3283 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Kanthipur village to Varanasi is 20 km. The village comes under Thandipur panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 22 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 21 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 1182 people, among them 607 (51%) are male and 575 (49%) are female. 100% of the whole population are from general caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kanthipur village is 12%, among them 45% are boys and 55% are girls. There are 163 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Kanthipur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,182 1,182 0 0 138
Male 607 607 0 0 62
Female 575 575 0 0 76

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 25.6% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 941. Female population growth rate of the village is 29.5% which is 7.4% higher than male population growth rate of 22.1%. General caste population has increased by 25.6% and child population has decreased by -32.7% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Kanthipur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 26 26 0 0 -33
Male 22 22 0 0 -35
Female 30 30 0 0 -31

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 947 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 947,. There are 1226 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 54 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 68 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Kanthipur

Total General SC ST Child
Change 54 54 0 0 68
2011 947 947 0 0 1,226
2001 893 893 0 0 1,158

Literacy

Total 819 people in the village are literate, among them 486 are male and 333 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kanthipur is 78%. 89% of male and 67% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 11%. Male literacy has gone up by 6% and female literacy rate has gone up by 19%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Kanthipur

Total Male Female
Change 11 6 19
2011 78 89 67
2001 67 83 48

Workers profile

Kanthipur has 62% (728) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 65% male and 58% female population are working population. 46% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 18% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 20% of total female population are main and 38% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Kanthipur

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 62 34 28 38
Male 65 47 19 35
Female 58 20 38 42