Chakarpanpur Village, with population of 1743 is Varanasi sub district's the 312nd most populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Chakarpanpur village is 0 km2 and it is the 74th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 11620 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Chakarpanpur village to Varanasi is 14 km. The village comes under Chandipahi panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 16 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 10 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 1743 people, among them 912 (52%) are male and 831 (48%) are female. 85% of the whole population are from general caste, 15% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Chakarpanpur village is 17%, among them 50% are boys and 50% are girls. There are 294 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Chakarpanpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,743 1,480 263 0 295
Male 912 785 127 0 147
Female 831 695 136 0 148

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 16.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1498. Female population growth rate of the village is 19.4% which is 5.7% higher than male population growth rate of 13.7%. General caste population has increased by 13.7%; Schedule caste population has increased by 34.2% and child population has decreased by -19.4% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Chakarpanpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 16 14 34 0 -19
Male 14 12 30 0 -24
Female 19 16 39 0 -14

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 911 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 885, in schedule caste is 1071. There are 1007 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 43 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 120 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Chakarpanpur

Total General SC ST Child
Change 43 36 71 0 120
2011 911 885 1,071 0 1,007
2001 868 849 1,000 0 887

Literacy

Total 1022 people in the village are literate, among them 630 are male and 392 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Chakarpanpur is 71%. 82% of male and 57% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 13%. Male literacy has gone up by 10% and female literacy rate has gone up by 15%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Chakarpanpur

Total Male Female
Change 13 10 15
2011 71 82 57
2001 58 72 42

Workers profile

Chakarpanpur has 33% (576) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 46% male and 19% female population are working population. 43% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 3% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 8% of total female population are main and 11% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Chakarpanpur

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 33 26 7 67
Male 46 43 3 54
Female 19 8 11 81