Deipur Village, with population of 3719 is Varanasi sub district's the 94th most populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Deipur village is 0 km2 and it is the 28th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 123967 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Deipur village to Varanasi is 20 km. The village comes under Daipur panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 18 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 18 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 3719 people, among them 1904 (51%) are male and 1815 (49%) are female. 77% of the whole population are from general caste, 22% are from schedule caste and 1% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Deipur village is 15%, among them 50% are boys and 50% are girls. There are 459 households in the village and an average 8 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Deipur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 3,719 2,872 800 47 559
Male 1,904 1,466 415 23 281
Female 1,815 1,406 385 24 278

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 7.1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 3471. Female population growth rate of the village is 9.7% which is 4.9% higher than male population growth rate of 4.8%. General caste population has increased by 13.1%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -14.2% and child population has decreased by -27.7% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Deipur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 7 13 -14 0 -28
Male 5 12 -18 0 -26
Female 10 15 -10 0 -30

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 953 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 959, in schedule caste is 928 and in schedule tribe is 1043. There are 989 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 42 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 56 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Deipur

Total General SC ST Child
Change 42 22 82 1,043 -56
2011 953 959 928 1,043 989
2001 911 937 846 0 1,045

Literacy

Total 2556 people in the village are literate, among them 1441 are male and 1115 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Deipur is 81%. 89% of male and 73% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 13%. Male literacy has gone up by 9% and female literacy rate has gone up by 19%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Deipur

Total Male Female
Change 13 9 19
2011 81 89 73
2001 68 80 54

Workers profile

Deipur has 31% (1144) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 46% male and 15% female population are working population. 41% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 5% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 5% of total female population are main and 10% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Deipur

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 31 23 7 69
Male 46 41 5 54
Female 15 5 10 85