Ramnisf Village, with population of 586 is Varanasi sub district's the 204th least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Ramnisf village is 1 km2 and it is the 347th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 977 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Ramnisf village to Varanasi is 30 km. The village comes under Shavapuri panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 7 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 30 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 586 people, among them 314 (54%) are male and 272 (46%) are female. 100% of the whole population are from general caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Ramnisf village is 10%, among them 64% are boys and 36% are girls. There are 92 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Ramnisf

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 586 586 0 0 61
Male 314 314 0 0 39
Female 272 272 0 0 22

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 38.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 422. Female population growth rate of the village is 29.5% which is -18.6% lower than male population growth rate of 48.1%. General caste population has increased by 38.9% and child population has decreased by -45% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Ramnisf

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 39 39 0 0 -45
Male 48 48 0 0 -32
Female 30 30 0 0 -59

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 866 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 866,. There are 564 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 125 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 383 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Ramnisf

Total General SC ST Child
Change -125 -125 0 0 -383
2011 866 866 0 0 564
2001 991 991 0 0 947

Literacy

Total 390 people in the village are literate, among them 233 are male and 157 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Ramnisf is 74%. 85% of male and 63% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 25%. Male literacy has gone up by 20% and female literacy rate has gone up by 31%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Ramnisf

Total Male Female
Change 26 20 31
2011 74 85 63
2001 49 65 32

Workers profile

Ramnisf has 53% (310) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 53% male and 53% female population are working population. 51% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 2% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 53% of total female population are main and 0% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Ramnisf

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 53 52 1 47
Male 53 51 2 47
Female 53 53 0 47