Newriya Village, with population of 1288 is Varanasi sub district's the 410th most populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Newriya village is 0 km2 and it is the 161st smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 4293 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Newriya village to Varanasi is 30 km. The village comes under Navaria panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 7 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 30 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 1288 people, among them 683 (53%) are male and 605 (47%) are female. 85% of the whole population are from general caste, 15% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Newriya village is 19%, among them 56% are boys and 44% are girls. There are 188 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Newriya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,288 1,092 196 0 244
Male 683 579 104 0 137
Female 605 513 92 0 107

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 23.5% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1043. Female population growth rate of the village is 23.5% which is 0% lower than male population growth rate of 23.5%. General caste population has increased by 24.5%; Schedule caste population has increased by 18.1% and child population has decreased by -0.4% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Newriya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 24 25 18 0 -0
Male 24 25 18 0 12
Female 24 25 18 0 -13

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 886 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 886, in schedule caste is 885. There are 781 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 0 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 227 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Newriya

Total General SC ST Child
Change 0 0 -1 0 -227
2011 886 886 885 0 781
2001 886 886 886 0 1,008

Literacy

Total 704 people in the village are literate, among them 445 are male and 259 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Newriya is 67%. 82% of male and 52% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 23%. Male literacy has gone up by 17% and female literacy rate has gone up by 32%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Newriya

Total Male Female
Change 23 16 32
2011 67 82 52
2001 45 65 20

Workers profile

Newriya has 37% (475) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 42% male and 31% female population are working population. 17% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 25% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 3% of total female population are main and 28% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Newriya

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 37 10 27 63
Male 43 17 26 58
Female 31 3 28 69