Tatehara Village, with population of 577 is Varanasi sub district's the 199th least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Tatehara village is 0 km2 and it is the 135th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 2404 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi. Pin code of Tatehara village is 221403. The village comes under Gazapur panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 32 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 32 km away.


The village is home to 577 people, among them 259 (45%) are male and 318 (55%) are female. 100% of the whole population are from general caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Tatehara village is 15%, among them 39% are boys and 61% are girls. There are 77 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 10.1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 524. Female population growth rate of the village is 23.3% which is 25.9% higher than male population growth rate of -2.6%. General caste population has increased by 10.1% and child population has decreased by -28.6% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1228 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1228,. There are 1576 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 258 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 288 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.


Total 340 people in the village are literate, among them 185 are male and 155 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Tatehara is 69%. 82% of male and 58% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 9%. Male literacy has gone up by 3% and female literacy rate has gone up by 20%.

Workers profile

Tatehara has 34% (196) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 45% male and 25% female population are working population. 37% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 8% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 8% of total female population are main and 16% are marginal workers.