Rakhi Sattanpur Village, with population of 346 is Varanasi sub district's the 123rd least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Rakhi Sattanpur village is 2 km2 and it is the 171st biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 219 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Rakhi Sattanpur village to Varanasi is 30 km. The village comes under Rakhinewada panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 30 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 3 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 346 people, among them 184 (53%) are male and 162 (47%) are female. 100% of the whole population are from general caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Rakhi Sattanpur village is 15%, among them 65% are boys and 35% are girls. There are 52 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Rakhi Sattanpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 346 346 0 0 52
Male 184 184 0 0 34
Female 162 162 0 0 18

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 23.1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 281. Female population growth rate of the village is 22.7% which is -0.8% lower than male population growth rate of 23.5%. General caste population has increased by 23.1% and child population has increased by 20.9% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Rakhi Sattanpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 23 23 0 0 21
Male 24 24 0 0 36
Female 23 23 0 0 0

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 880 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 880,. There are 529 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 6 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 191 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Rakhi Sattanpur

Total General SC ST Child
Change -6 -6 0 0 -191
2011 880 880 0 0 529
2001 886 886 0 0 720

Literacy

Total 213 people in the village are literate, among them 130 are male and 83 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Rakhi Sattanpur is 72%. 87% of male and 58% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 3%. Male literacy has gone up by 2% and female literacy rate has gone up by 6%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Rakhi Sattanpur

Total Male Female
Change 3 1 6
2011 72 87 58
2001 69 86 52

Workers profile

Rakhi Sattanpur has 20% (70) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 34% male and 4% female population are working population. 15% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 19% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 0% of total female population are main and 4% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Rakhi Sattanpur

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 20 8 12 80
Male 34 15 19 66
Female 4 0 4 96