Sonbarsa Village, with population of 1501 is Varanasi sub district's the 360th most populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Sonbarsa village is 1 km2 and it is the 327th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1632 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi. The village comes under Soneversa panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 28 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 29 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 1501 people, among them 779 (52%) are male and 722 (48%) are female. 82% of the whole population are from general caste, 18% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Sonbarsa village is 13%, among them 56% are boys and 44% are girls. There are 204 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Sonbarsa

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,501 1,225 276 0 200
Male 779 638 141 0 112
Female 722 587 135 0 88

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 39% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1080. Female population growth rate of the village is 46.7% which is 14.2% higher than male population growth rate of 32.5%. General caste population has increased by 45.7%; Schedule caste population has increased by 15.5% and child population has decreased by -23.4% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Sonbarsa

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 39 46 16 0 -23
Male 33 38 13 0 -15
Female 47 55 18 0 -32

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 927 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 920, in schedule caste is 957. There are 786 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 90 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 206 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Sonbarsa

Total General SC ST Child
Change 90 104 45 0 -206
2011 927 920 957 0 786
2001 837 816 912 0 992

Literacy

Total 1071 people in the village are literate, among them 621 are male and 450 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Sonbarsa is 82%. 93% of male and 71% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 37%. Male literacy has gone up by 26% and female literacy rate has gone up by 52%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Sonbarsa

Total Male Female
Change 37 27 53
2011 82 93 71
2001 45 67 19

Workers profile

Sonbarsa has 43% (647) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 51% male and 35% female population are working population. 30% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 21% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 7% of total female population are main and 28% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Sonbarsa

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 43 19 24 57
Male 51 30 21 49
Female 35 7 28 65