Tisaura Village, with population of 2318 is Varanasi sub district's the 211st most populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Tisaura village is 2 km2 and it is the 127th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1267 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi and distance from Tisaura village to Varanasi is 24 km. The village comes under Tisoura panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 24 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 24 km away. 0.02 square kilometer (1%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.


The village is home to 2318 people, among them 1227 (53%) are male and 1091 (47%) are female. 81% of the whole population are from general caste, 19% are from schedule caste and 0% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Tisaura village is 15%, among them 55% are boys and 45% are girls. There are 369 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 7.6% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 2155. Female population growth rate of the village is 3.6% which is -7.7% lower than male population growth rate of 11.3%. General caste population has increased by 9.5%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -2% and child population has decreased by -18.5% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 889 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 888, in schedule caste is 886 and in schedule tribe is 1250. There are 817 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 67 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 119 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.


Total 1360 people in the village are literate, among them 834 are male and 526 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Tisaura is 69%. 81% of male and 56% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 11%. Male literacy has gone up by 8% and female literacy rate has gone up by 13%.

Workers profile

Tisaura has 35% (821) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 50% male and 19% female population are working population. 40% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 10% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 5% of total female population are main and 15% are marginal workers.