Mahmoodpur Village, with population of 2752 is Varanasi sub district's the 162nd most populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Mahmoodpur village is 2 km2 and it is the 158th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1658 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi. The village comes under Mahmoodpur panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 4 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 26 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 2752 people, among them 1372 (50%) are male and 1380 (50%) are female. 93% of the whole population are from general caste, 4% are from schedule caste and 3% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Mahmoodpur village is 16%, among them 51% are boys and 49% are girls. There are 359 households in the village and an average 8 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Mahmoodpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,752 2,559 98 95 451
Male 1,372 1,285 35 52 230
Female 1,380 1,274 63 43 221

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 42.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1933. Female population growth rate of the village is 51.2% which is 16.7% higher than male population growth rate of 34.5%. General caste population has increased by 42.8%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -30.5% and child population has increased by 20.3% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Mahmoodpur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 42 43 -31 0 20
Male 35 36 -53 0 12
Female 51 51 -6 0 30

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1006 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 991, in schedule caste is 1800 and in schedule tribe is 827. There are 961 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 111 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 132 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Mahmoodpur

Total General SC ST Child
Change 111 97 895 827 132
2011 1,006 991 1,800 827 961
2001 895 894 905 0 829

Literacy

Total 1525 people in the village are literate, among them 917 are male and 608 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Mahmoodpur is 66%. 80% of male and 52% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by 1%. Male literacy has gone down by 1% and female literacy rate has gone up by 3%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Mahmoodpur

Total Male Female
Change 2 2 3
2011 66 80 53
2001 65 79 49

Workers profile

Mahmoodpur has 32% (873) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 48% male and 15% female population are working population. 39% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 9% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 3% of total female population are main and 12% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Mahmoodpur

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 32 21 11 68
Male 48 39 9 52
Female 15 4 12 85