Pura Ghurshah Village, with population of 1093 is Varanasi sub district's the 370th least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Pura Ghurshah village is 1 km2 and it is the 384th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1401 persons per km2.

The village comes under Puredhurshah panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter of the village. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi.

Demographics

The village is home to 1093 people, among them 509 (47%) are male and 584 (53%) are female. 85% of the whole population are from general caste, 15% are from schedule caste and 0% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Pura Ghurshah village is 18%, among them 43% are boys and 57% are girls. There are 176 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Pura Ghurshah

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1,093 926 165 2 192
Male 509 419 89 1 83
Female 584 507 76 1 109

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 36.5% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 801. Female population growth rate of the village is 40.7% which is 8.8% higher than male population growth rate of 31.9%. General caste population has increased by 103.1%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -52.2% and child population has increased by 11.6% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Pura Ghurshah

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 36.5% 103.1% -52.2% 0% 11.6%
Male 31.9% 89.6% -46.1% 0% -4.6%
Female 40.7% 115.7% -57.8% 0% 28.2%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1147 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1210, in schedule caste is 854 and in schedule tribe is 1000. There are 1313 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 72 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 336 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Pura Ghurshah

Total General SC ST Child
Change 72 147 -237 1000 336
2011 1147 1210 854 1000 1313
2001 1075 1063 1091 0 977

Literacy

Total 655 people in the village are literate, among them 356 are male and 299 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Pura Ghurshah is 73%. 84% of male and 63% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 11%. Male literacy has gone up by 11% and female literacy rate has gone up by 11%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Pura Ghurshah

Total Male Female
Change 10.9% 10.7% 11.1%
2011 72.7% 83.6% 62.9%
2001 61.8% 72.9% 51.8%

Workers profile

Pura Ghurshah has 42% (462) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 48% male and 37% female population are working population. 17% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 31% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 3% of total female population are main and 34% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Pura Ghurshah

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 42.3% 9.7% 32.6% 57.7%
Male 48.3% 17.5% 30.8% 51.7%
Female 37% 2.9% 34.1% 63%