Taraon Village, with population of 767 is Varanasi sub district's the 267th least populous village, located in Varanasi sub district of Varanasi district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Taraon village is 1 km2 and it is the 413rd smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1096 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Varanasi. The village comes under Chola panchayat. Varanasi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 7 km. District head quarter of the village is Varanasi which is 25 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 767 people, among them 402 (52%) are male and 365 (48%) are female. 100% of the whole population are from general caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Taraon village is 13%, among them 55% are boys and 45% are girls. There are 130 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Taraon

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 767 767 0 0 100
Male 402 402 0 0 55
Female 365 365 0 0 45

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 4.5% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 734. Female population growth rate of the village is -4.2% which is -18.1% lower than male population growth rate of 13.9%. General caste population has increased by 25.9% and child population has decreased by -34.6% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Taraon

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 5 26 -100 0 -35
Male 14 38 -100 0 -37
Female -4 15 -100 0 -32

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 908 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 908,. There are 818 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 171 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 59 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Taraon

Total General SC ST Child
Change -171 -185 -1,016 0 59
2011 908 908 0 0 818
2001 1,079 1,093 1,016 0 759

Literacy

Total 498 people in the village are literate, among them 293 are male and 205 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Taraon is 75%. 84% of male and 64% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 8%. Male literacy has gone up by 4% and female literacy rate has gone up by 8%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Taraon

Total Male Female
Change 8 5 9
2011 75 84 64
2001 67 80 56

Workers profile

Taraon has 27% (205) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 41% male and 11% female population are working population. 15% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 26% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 2% of total female population are main and 9% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Taraon

Worker Main Worker Marginal Worker Non Worker
Total 27 9 18 73
Male 41 15 26 59
Female 11 2 9 89