Sathigawan Village, with population of 2468 is Bhogaon sub district's the 91st most populous village, located in Bhogaon sub district of Mainpuri district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India.

Nearest town of the village is Kusmara and distance from Sathigawan village to Kusmara is 11 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Sathigawan village is 206303.


The village is home to 2468 people, among them 1335 (54%) are male and 1133 (46%) are female. 88% of the whole population are from general caste, 12% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Sathigawan village is 15%, among them 48% are boys and 52% are girls. There are 379 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 12.8% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 2188. Female population growth rate of the village is 17.2% which is 7.9% higher than male population growth rate of 9.3%. General caste population has increased by 13%; Schedule caste population has increased by 11.2% and child population has decreased by -8.2% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 849 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 833, in schedule caste is 967. There are 1088 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 57 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 38 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.


Total 1359 people in the village are literate, among them 827 are male and 532 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Sathigawan is 65%. 72% of male and 57% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 5%. Male literacy has gone down by -1% and female literacy rate has gone up by 15%.

Workers profile

Sathigawan has 31% (776) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 45% male and 15% female population are working population. 33% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 12% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 2% of total female population are main and 14% are marginal workers.