Jakha Village, with population of 2067 is Bhogaon sub district's the 120th most populous village, located in Bhogaon sub district of Mainpuri district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India.

Demographics

The village is home to 2067 people, among them 1105 (53%) are male and 962 (47%) are female. 75% of the whole population are from general caste, 25% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Jakha village is 15%, among them 48% are boys and 52% are girls. There are 373 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 25.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1642. Female population growth rate of the village is 26.2% which is 0.6% higher than male population growth rate of 25.6%. General caste population has increased by 24.3%; Schedule caste population has increased by 30.9% and child population has increased by 9.9% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 871 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 845, in schedule caste is 954. There are 1081 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 5 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 296 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Literacy

Total 1330 people in the village are literate, among them 833 are male and 497 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Jakha is 76%. 87% of male and 62% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 18%. Male literacy has gone up by 13% and female literacy rate has gone up by 22%.

Workers profile

Jakha has 47% (980) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 59% male and 34% female population are working population. 27% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 32% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 1% of total female population are main and 33% are marginal workers.