Surjanpur Village, with population of 3306 is Bhogaon sub district's the 55th most populous village, located in Bhogaon sub district of Mainpuri district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India.

Demographics

The village is home to 3306 people, among them 1782 (54%) are male and 1524 (46%) are female. 89% of the whole population are from general caste, 11% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Surjanpur village is 18%, among them 52% are boys and 48% are girls. There are 491 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 23.5% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 2676. Female population growth rate of the village is 27.4% which is 7% higher than male population growth rate of 20.4%. General caste population has increased by 24.6%; Schedule caste population has increased by 15.5% and child population has increased by 12.5% in the village since last census.

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 855 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 842, in schedule caste is 968. There are 925 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 47 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 5 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Literacy

Total 2197 people in the village are literate, among them 1327 are male and 870 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Surjanpur is 81%. 90% of male and 70% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 13%. Male literacy has gone up by 6% and female literacy rate has gone up by 23%.

Workers profile

Surjanpur has 41% (1365) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 53% male and 27% female population are working population. 43% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 10% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 9% of total female population are main and 19% are marginal workers.