Sadar Bazar Tahsil, with population of about 1.3 lakh is North district's the 2nd least populous sub district, located in North district of the state Nct Of Delhi in India.

There is only one city in the sub district that comes under the sub district administration which is Delhi Municipal Corporation.

Demographics

The sub district is home to about 1.3 lakh people, among them about 70 thousand (54%) are male and about 60 thousand (46%) are female. 79% of the whole population are from general caste, 21% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Sadar Bazar tahsil is 12%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are about 26 thousand households in the sub district and an average 5 persons live in every family.

100% population of Sadar Bazar tahsil live in the Sadar Bazar Sub District urban part.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Sadar Bazar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 130,188 102,296 27,892 0 15,109
Male 69,837 55,291 14,546 0 7,953
Female 60,351 47,005 13,346 0 7,156

Most populated Cities in Sadar Bazar

Cities
Name Population
Delhi 130188

Religion wise distribution of population

Hindus contribute 50% of the total population and are the largest religious community in the sub district followed by Muslims which contribute 47% of the total population and Jains are the third largest religious community here with 2% population.. Female Sex ratio per 1000 male in Hindus are 829 in Muslims are 900 and in Jains are 913.

Religion wise population 2011 - Sadar Bazar

Total Hindu Muslim Christian Sikh Buddhist Jain Others Not Stated
Total 130,188 65,031 60,869 353 747 334 2,759 2 93
Male 69,837 35,556 32,042 191 385 167 1,442 0 54
Female 60,351 29,475 28,827 162 362 167 1,317 2 39

Growth of population

Population of the sub district has decreased by -2.1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were about 1.3 lakh. Female population growth rate of the sub district is -0.6% which is 2.7% higher than male population growth rate of -3.3%. General caste population has decreased by -2.1%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -2.1% and child population has decreased by -11.3% in the sub district since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Sadar Bazar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total -2.1% -2.1% -2.1% 0% -11.3%
Male -3.3% -3.5% -2.8% 0% -9.8%
Female -0.6% -0.4% -1.3% 0% -12.9%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 864 females per 1000 male in the sub district. Sex ratio in general caste is 850, in schedule caste is 918. There are 900 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the sub district. Overall sex ratio in the sub district has increased by 24 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 32 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Sadar Bazar

Total General SC ST Child
Change 24 26 14 0 -32
2011 864 850 918 0 900
2001 840 824 904 0 932

Cities with highest sex ratio in Sadar Bazar

Cities
Name Sex Ratio
Delhi 864

Literacy

Total about 94 thousand people in the sub district are literate, among them about 52 thousand are male and about 42 thousand are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Sadar Bazar is 82%. 84% of male and 79% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the sub district has increased by 4%. Male literacy has gone up by 3% and female literacy rate has gone up by 5%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Sadar Bazar

Total Male Female
Change 3.7% 3.0% 4.8%
2011 81.8% 84.3% 79%
2001 78.1% 81.3% 74.2%

Cities with highest literacy rate in Sadar Bazar

Cities
Name Literacy Rate %
Delhi 82

Workers profile

Sadar Bazar has 35% (about 45 thousand) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 58% male and 7% female population are working population. 56% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 2% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 6% of total female population are main and 1% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Sadar Bazar

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 34.5% 32.9% 1.7% 65.5%
Male 58.1% 55.7% 2.4% 41.9%
Female 7.3% 6.4% 0.8% 92.7%

Biggest Cities in Sadar Bazar

Cities
Name Area (Km2)
Delhi 561.3