Pichatur Mandal, with population of about 32 thousand is Chittoor district's the 8th least populous sub district, located in Chittoor district of the state Andhra Pradesh in India. There are 17 villages in the sub district, among them Pichatur is the most populous village with population of 4620 and Reppalapattu is the least populous village with population of 258. Pulikondram is the biggest village in the sub district with an area of 14 km2 and Rajanagaram is the smallest with 1 km2.

Demographics

The sub district is home to about 32 thousand people, among them about 16 thousand (49%) are male and about 16 thousand (51%) are female. 62% of the whole population are from general caste, 33% are from schedule caste and 5% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Pichatur mandal is 10%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 8739 households in the sub district and an average 4 persons live in every family.

100% population of Pichatur mandal live in the Pichatur Sub District rural part.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Pichatur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 31,524 19,618 10,298 1,608 3,183
Male 15,510 9,574 5,133 803 1,675
Female 16,014 10,044 5,165 805 1,508

Most populated Villages in Pichatur

Villages
Name Population
Pichatur 4620
Karuru @ Krishnagiri 3395
Shamsheer Bahadurpeta 2775
Keelapudi 2672
Vengalathur 2499
Mudiyur 2288
Neervoy 1896
Ramagiri 1833
Ramapuram 1784
Sivagiri 1582

Religion wise distribution of population

Hindus contribute 98% of the total population and are the largest religious community in the sub district followed by Muslims which contribute 1% of the total population.. Female Sex ratio per 1000 male in Hindus are 1030 in Muslims are 1130.

Religion wise population 2011 - Pichatur

Total Hindu Muslim Christian Sikh Buddhist Jain Others Not Stated
Total 31,524 30,898 458 115 0 0 14 0 39
Male 15,510 15,222 215 50 0 0 5 0 18
Female 16,014 15,676 243 65 0 0 9 0 21

Growth of population

Population of the sub district has increased by 0.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were about 31 thousand. Female population growth rate of the sub district is 1.3% which is 1.7% higher than male population growth rate of -0.4%. General caste population has decreased by -2.3%; Schedule caste population has increased by 6%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 0.5% and child population has decreased by -16.2% in the sub district since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Pichatur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 0.4% -2.3% 6% 0.5% -16.2%
Male -0.4% -3.5% 5.9% -0.5% -14.2%
Female 1.3% -1.1% 6% 1.5% -18.4%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1032 females per 1000 male in the sub district. Sex ratio in general caste is 1049, in schedule caste is 1006 and in schedule tribe is 1002. There are 900 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the sub district. Overall sex ratio in the sub district has increased by 17 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 47 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Pichatur

Total General SC ST Child
Change 17 26 1 19 -47
2011 1032 1049 1006 1002 900
2001 1015 1023 1005 983 947

Villages with highest sex ratio in Pichatur

Literacy

Total about 18 thousand people in the sub district are literate, among them about 10 thousand are male and 7816 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Pichatur is 64%. 75% of male and 54% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the sub district has decreased by -2%. Male literacy has gone down by -2% and female literacy rate has gone down by -1%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Pichatur

Total Male Female
Change -1.5% -2.2% -0.6%
2011 64.1% 74.8% 53.9%
2001 65.6% 77% 54.5%

Villages with highest literacy rate in Pichatur

Workers profile

Pichatur has 51% (about 16 thousand) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 60% male and 43% female population are working population. 49% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 11% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 26% of total female population are main and 16% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Pichatur

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 51.3% 37.4% 13.9% 48.7%
Male 60.3% 49% 11.3% 39.7%
Female 42.7% 26.2% 16.4% 57.3%

Biggest Villages in Pichatur