Kolkata Ward No 128, with population of about 32 thousand is Kolkata city's the 56th most populous ward, located in Kolkata district of the state West Bengal in India.

Demographics

The ward is home to about 32 thousand people, among them about 16 thousand (50%) are male and about 16 thousand (50%) are female. 96% of the whole population are from general caste, 3% are from schedule caste and 1% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kolkata Ward No 128 is 6%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 8405 households in the ward and an average 4 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Kolkata Ward No 128

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 32,179 30,768 972 439 2,011
Male 16,041 15,322 493 226 1,060
Female 16,138 15,446 479 213 951

Growth of population

Population of the ward has increased by 1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were about 32 thousand. Female population growth rate of the ward is 3% which is 4% higher than male population growth rate of -1%. General caste population has increased by 4.1%; Schedule caste population has decreased by -54.9%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 213.6% and child population has decreased by -20.8% in the ward since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Kolkata Ward No 128

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 1% 4.1% -54.9% 213.6% -20.8%
Male -1% 2.1% -56.3% 227.5% -17.9%
Female 3% 6% -53.5% 200% -23.7%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1006 females per 1000 male in the ward. Sex ratio in general caste is 1008, in schedule caste is 972 and in schedule tribe is 942. There are 897 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the ward. Overall sex ratio in the ward has increased by 39 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 69 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Kolkata Ward No 128

Total General SC ST Child
Change 39 37 58 -87 -69
2011 1006 1008 972 942 897
2001 967 971 914 1029 966

Literacy

Total about 28 thousand people in the ward are literate, among them about 14 thousand are male and about 14 thousand are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kolkata WARD NO.-0128 is 93%. 95% of male and 90% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the ward has increased by 2%. Male literacy has gone down by 1% and female literacy rate has gone up by 2%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Kolkata Ward No 128

Total Male Female
Change 1.6% 0.5% 2.9%
2011 92.7% 94.9% 90.5%
2001 91.1% 94.4% 87.6%

Workers profile

Kolkata WARD NO.-0128 has 37% (about 12 thousand) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 57% male and 17% female population are working population. 52% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 5% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 13% of total female population are main and 4% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Kolkata Ward No 128

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 36.8% 32.4% 4.4% 63.2%
Male 57.2% 52.3% 4.9% 42.8%
Female 16.6% 12.7% 3.9% 83.4%