Rohiri Village, with population of 749 is Sheo sub district's the 119th most populous village, located in Sheo sub district of Barmer district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Rohiri village is 86 km2 and it is the 5th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 9 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Barmer and distance from Rohiri village to Barmer is 127 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Rohiri village is 344501. Sheo is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 145 km. District head quarter of the village is Barmer which is 145 km away. 1.67 square kilometer (2%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 749 people, among them 431 (58%) are male and 318 (42%) are female. 81% of the whole population are from general caste, 19% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Rohiri village is 22%, among them 58% are boys and 42% are girls. There are 135 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Rohiri

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 749 607 142 0 165
Male 431 353 78 0 96
Female 318 254 64 0 69

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 35.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 551. Female population growth rate of the village is 39.5% which is 6.1% higher than male population growth rate of 33.4%. General caste population has increased by 36.7%; Schedule caste population has increased by 32.7% and child population has increased by 28.9% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Rohiri

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 35.9% 36.7% 32.7% 0% 28.9%
Male 33.4% 32.2% 39.3% 0% 24.7%
Female 39.5% 43.5% 25.5% 0% 35.3%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 738 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 720, in schedule caste is 821. There are 719 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 32 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 57 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Rohiri

Total General SC ST Child
Change 32 57 -90 0 57
2011 738 720 821 0 719
2001 706 663 911 0 662

Literacy

Total 320 people in the village are literate, among them 237 are male and 83 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Rohiri is 55%. 71% of male and 33% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 6%. Male literacy has gone up by 4% and female literacy rate has gone up by 9%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Rohiri

Total Male Female
Change 5.6% 3.2% 9.6%
2011 54.8% 70.7% 33.3%
2001 49.2% 67.5% 23.7%

Workers profile

Rohiri has 36% (266) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 51% male and 15% female population are working population. 18% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 33% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 3% of total female population are main and 12% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Rohiri

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 35.5% 11.6% 23.9% 64.5%
Male 50.8% 18.1% 32.7% 49.2%
Female 14.8% 2.8% 11.9% 85.2%