Ralawas Village, with population of 2138 is Jodhpur sub district's the 36th most populous village, located in Jodhpur sub district of Jodhpur district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Ralawas village is 5 km2 and it is the 30th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 423 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jodhpur and distance from Ralawas village to Jodhpur is 25 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Ralawas village is 342037. Jodhpur is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 25 km. District head quarter of the village is Jodhpur which is 25 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 2138 people, among them 1439 (67%) are male and 699 (33%) are female. 100% of the whole population are from general caste, 0% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Ralawas village is 16%, among them 57% are boys and 43% are girls. There are 419 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Ralawas

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,138 2,134 4 0 339
Male 1,439 1,437 2 0 193
Female 699 697 2 0 146

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 255.7% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 601. Female population growth rate of the village is 216.3% which is -62.4% lower than male population growth rate of 278.7%. General caste population has increased by 255.1% and child population has increased by 249.5% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Ralawas

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 255.7% 255.1% 0% 0% 249.5%
Male 278.7% 278.2% 0% 0% 216.4%
Female 216.3% 215.4% 0% 0% 305.6%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 486 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 485, in schedule caste is 1000. There are 756 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 96 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 166 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Ralawas

Total General SC ST Child
Change -96 -97 1000 0 166
2011 486 485 1000 0 756
2001 582 582 0 0 590

Literacy

Total 1685 people in the village are literate, among them 1209 are male and 476 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Ralawas is 94%. 97% of male and 86% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 19%. Male literacy has gone up by 9% and female literacy rate has gone up by 34%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Ralawas

Total Male Female
Change 18.9% 8.9% 34.2%
2011 93.7% 97% 86.1%
2001 74.8% 88.1% 51.9%

Workers profile

Ralawas has 52% (1105) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 74% male and 6% female population are working population. 72% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 2% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 2% of total female population are main and 4% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Ralawas

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 51.7% 49.1% 2.6% 48.3%
Male 73.9% 72.1% 1.8% 26.1%
Female 5.9% 1.7% 4.1% 94.1%