Jaisala Village, with population of 7115 is Phalodi sub district's the 2nd most populous village, located in Phalodi sub district of Jodhpur district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Jaisala village is 77 km2 and it is the 8th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 93 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Phalodi and distance from Jaisala village to Phalodi is 75 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Jaisala village is 342311. Phalodi is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 75 km. District head quarter of the village is Jodhpur which is 150 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 7115 people, among them 3773 (53%) are male and 3342 (47%) are female. 90% of the whole population are from general caste, 10% are from schedule caste and 1% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Jaisala village is 19%, among them 54% are boys and 46% are girls. There are 1123 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Jaisala

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 7,115 6,376 702 37 1,336
Male 3,773 3,373 384 16 722
Female 3,342 3,003 318 21 614

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 37.8% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 5165. Female population growth rate of the village is 38.4% which is 1.2% higher than male population growth rate of 37.2%. General caste population has increased by 35.5%; Schedule caste population has increased by 52.6% and child population has increased by 23.2% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Jaisala

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 37.8% 35.5% 52.6% 0% 23.2%
Male 37.2% 34.2% 62% 0% 24.5%
Female 38.4% 37% 42.6% 0% 21.8%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 886 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 890, in schedule caste is 828 and in schedule tribe is 1313. There are 850 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 8 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 19 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Jaisala

Total General SC ST Child
Change 8 18 -113 1313 -19
2011 886 890 828 1313 850
2001 878 872 941 0 869

Literacy

Total 3751 people in the village are literate, among them 2382 are male and 1369 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Jaisala is 65%. 78% of male and 50% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 17%. Male literacy has gone up by 10% and female literacy rate has gone up by 24%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Jaisala

Total Male Female
Change 16.7% 9.9% 24.6%
2011 64.9% 78.1% 50.2%
2001 48.2% 68.2% 25.6%

Workers profile

Jaisala has 48% (3434) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 46% male and 51% female population are working population. 20% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 26% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 12% of total female population are main and 38% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Jaisala

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 48.3% 16.4% 31.8% 51.7%
Male 46.2% 20% 26.1% 53.8%
Female 50.6% 12.4% 38.3% 49.4%