Harsolao Village, with population of 9581 is Merta sub district's the 2nd most populous village, located in Merta sub district of Nagaur district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Harsolao village is 59 km2 and it is the biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 162 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Merta City and distance from Harsolao village to Merta City is 44 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Harsolao village is 342902. Merta is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 44 km. District head quarter of the village is Nagaur which is 75 km away. 0.07 square kilometer (0%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 9581 people, among them 4897 (51%) are male and 4684 (49%) are female. 78% of the whole population are from general caste, 22% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Harsolao village is 16%, among them 52% are boys and 48% are girls. There are 1702 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Harsolao

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 9,581 7,468 2,113 0 1,545
Male 4,897 3,797 1,100 0 800
Female 4,684 3,671 1,013 0 745

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 16.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 8196. Female population growth rate of the village is 18.4% which is 2.9% higher than male population growth rate of 15.5%. General caste population has increased by 18%; Schedule caste population has increased by 13.2% and child population has increased by 1.4% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Harsolao

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 16.9% 18% 13.2% 0% 1.4%
Male 15.5% 16.4% 12.4% 0% -0.7%
Female 18.4% 19.7% 14.2% 0% 3.9%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 957 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 967, in schedule caste is 921. There are 931 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 24 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 41 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Harsolao

Total General SC ST Child
Change 24 26 15 0 41
2011 957 967 921 0 931
2001 933 941 906 0 890

Literacy

Total 4516 people in the village are literate, among them 3021 are male and 1495 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Harsolao is 56%. 74% of male and 38% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 9%. Male literacy has gone up by 6% and female literacy rate has gone up by 14%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Harsolao

Total Male Female
Change 9.1% 5.3% 13.5%
2011 56.2% 73.7% 38%
2001 47.1% 68.4% 24.5%

Workers profile

Harsolao has 50% (4802) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 52% male and 48% female population are working population. 42% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 10% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 19% of total female population are main and 29% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Harsolao

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 50.1% 31% 19.1% 49.9%
Male 52.3% 42.5% 9.8% 47.7%
Female 47.8% 19.1% 28.8% 52.2%