Jasrasar Village, with population of about 13 thousand is Nokha sub district's the 2nd most populous village, located in Nokha sub district of Bikaner district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Jasrasar village is 107 km2 and it is the 3rd biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 125 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Nokha and distance from Jasrasar village to Nokha is 40 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Jasrasar village is 334802. Nokha is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 40 km. District head quarter of the village is Bikaner which is 45 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to about 13 thousand people, among them 7059 (53%) are male and 6359 (47%) are female. 82% of the whole population are from general caste, 18% are from schedule caste and 0% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Jasrasar village is 20%, among them 52% are boys and 48% are girls. There are 1939 households in the village and an average 7 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Jasrasar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 13,418 11,038 2,375 5 2,650
Male 7,059 5,807 1,250 2 1,385
Female 6,359 5,231 1,125 3 1,265

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 27.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were about 10 thousand. Female population growth rate of the village is 27.8% which is -0.3% lower than male population growth rate of 28.1%. General caste population has increased by 25.3%; Schedule caste population has increased by 41.6%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 25% and child population has increased by 6.1% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Jasrasar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 27.9% 25.3% 41.6% 25% 6.1%
Male 28.1% 25.7% 40.4% 0% 4.6%
Female 27.8% 24.9% 42.9% 50% 7.8%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 901 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 901, in schedule caste is 900 and in schedule tribe is 1500. There are 913 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 2 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 26 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Jasrasar

Total General SC ST Child
Change -2 -6 16 500 26
2011 901 901 900 1500 913
2001 903 907 884 1000 887

Literacy

Total 6187 people in the village are literate, among them 4115 are male and 2072 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Jasrasar is 57%. 73% of male and 41% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 6%. Male literacy has gone down by 1% and female literacy rate has gone up by 12%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Jasrasar

Total Male Female
Change 6.3% 0.8% 12.0%
2011 57.5% 72.5% 40.7%
2001 51.2% 71.7% 28.7%

Workers profile

Jasrasar has 47% (6358) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 51% male and 43% female population are working population. 43% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 8% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 18% of total female population are main and 26% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Jasrasar

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 47.4% 31% 16.4% 52.6%
Male 50.9% 43% 7.9% 49.1%
Female 43.5% 17.8% 25.7% 56.5%