Napasar Village, with population of about 23 thousand is Bikaner sub district's the most populous village, located in Bikaner sub district of Bikaner district in the state Rajasthan in India. Total geographical area of Napasar village is 78 km2 and it is the 6th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 295 persons per km2.

Nearest railway station is Napasar which is within the village. Nearest town of the village is Bikaner and distance from Napasar village to Bikaner is 30 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Napasar village is 334201. Bikaner is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 30 km. District head quarter of the village is Bikaner which is 30 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to about 23 thousand people, among them about 12 thousand (52%) are male and about 11 thousand (48%) are female. 76% of the whole population are from general caste, 23% are from schedule caste and 0% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Napasar village is 15%, among them 52% are boys and 48% are girls. There are 3731 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Napasar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 22,893 17,502 5,369 22 3,488
Male 11,888 9,048 2,828 12 1,818
Female 11,005 8,454 2,541 10 1,670

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 17.1% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were about 20 thousand. Female population growth rate of the village is 16.5% which is -1.2% lower than male population growth rate of 17.7%. General caste population has increased by 15%; Schedule caste population has increased by 24.3%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 175% and child population has decreased by -5.9% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Napasar

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 17.1% 15% 24.3% 175% -5.9%
Male 17.7% 15.4% 25.2% 140% -5.2%
Female 16.5% 14.5% 23.2% 233.3% -6.8%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 926 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 934, in schedule caste is 899 and in schedule tribe is 833. There are 919 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 9 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 15 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Napasar

Total General SC ST Child
Change -9 -8 -15 233 -15
2011 926 934 899 833 919
2001 935 942 914 600 934

Literacy

Total about 14 thousand people in the village are literate, among them 8287 are male and 5888 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Napasar is 73%. 82% of male and 63% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 3%. Male literacy has gone down by 1% and female literacy rate has gone up by 6%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Napasar

Total Male Female
Change 3.2% 0.9% 5.7%
2011 73% 82.3% 63.1%
2001 69.8% 81.4% 57.4%

Workers profile

Napasar has 35% (8040) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 51% male and 18% female population are working population. 45% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 6% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 6% of total female population are main and 12% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Napasar

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 35.1% 26.4% 8.8% 64.9%
Male 51% 45% 6% 49%
Female 18% 6.2% 11.7% 82%