Tekulodu Village, with population of 2250 is Chilamathur sub district's the 7th least populous village, located in Chilamathur sub district of Anantapur district in the state Andhra Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Tekulodu village is 9 km2 and it is the 8th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 254 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Hindupur and distance from Tekulodu village to Hindupur is 27 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Tekulodu village is 515341. The village comes under Tekulodu panchayat. Chilamathur is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 9 km. District head quarter of the village is Anantapur which is 112 km away. 4.41 square kilometer (50%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 2250 people, among them 944 (42%) are male and 1306 (58%) are female. 90% of the whole population are from general caste, 10% are from schedule caste and 1% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Tekulodu village is 8%, among them 51% are boys and 49% are girls. There are 433 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Tekulodu

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,250 2,014 214 22 186
Male 944 866 77 1 95
Female 1,306 1,148 137 21 91

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 37.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 1638. Female population growth rate of the village is 65.1% which is 53.6% higher than male population growth rate of 11.5%. General caste population has increased by 35.3%; Schedule caste population has increased by 47.6%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 340% and child population has decreased by -11.8% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Tekulodu

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 37.4% 35.3% 47.6% 340% -11.8%
Male 11.5% 11.9% 8.5% -50% -13.6%
Female 65.1% 60.8% 85.1% 600% -9.9%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 1383 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 1326, in schedule caste is 1779 and in schedule tribe is 21000. There are 958 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 449 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 40 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Tekulodu

Total General SC ST Child
Change 449 404 737 19500 40
2011 1383 1326 1779 21000 958
2001 934 922 1042 1500 918

Literacy

Total 1385 people in the village are literate, among them 587 are male and 798 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Tekulodu is 67%. 69% of male and 66% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 18%. Male literacy has gone up by 8% and female literacy rate has gone up by 29%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Tekulodu

Total Male Female
Change 17.9% 8.0% 29.2%
2011 67.1% 69.1% 65.7%
2001 49.2% 61.1% 36.5%

Workers profile

Tekulodu has 51% (1150) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 62% male and 43% female population are working population. 41% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 21% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 11% of total female population are main and 32% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Tekulodu

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 51.1% 24% 27.1% 48.9%
Male 62% 41.4% 20.6% 38%
Female 43.3% 11.5% 31.8% 56.7%