Nandyal (R) Village, with population of 5671 is Nandyal sub district's the 4th most populous village, located in Nandyal sub district of Kurnool district in the state Andhra Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Nandyal (R) village is 48 km2 and it is the biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 118 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Nandyal and distance from Nandyal (R) village to Nandyal is 5 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Nandyal (R) village is 518523. Nandyal is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 5 km. District head quarter of the village is Kurnool which is 80 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 5671 people, among them 3228 (57%) are male and 2443 (43%) are female. 82% of the whole population are from general caste, 12% are from schedule caste and 6% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Nandyal (R) village is 10%, among them 55% are boys and 45% are girls. There are 1062 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Nandyal (R)

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 5,671 4,642 705 324 565
Male 3,228 2,681 367 180 309
Female 2,443 1,961 338 144 256

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 757 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 731, in schedule caste is 921 and in schedule tribe is 800. There are 828 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 3871 people in the village are literate, among them 2507 are male and 1364 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Nandyal (R) is 76%. 86% of male and 62% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Nandyal (R) has 41% (2317) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 38% male and 45% female population are working population. 37% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 1% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 38% of total female population are main and 7% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Nandyal (R)

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 40.9% 37.4% 3.5% 59.1%
Male 38% 37.1% 1% 62%
Female 44.6% 37.8% 6.8% 55.4%