Ambodi Village, with population of 650 is Purandhar sub district's the 23rd least populous village, located in Purandhar sub district of Pune district in the state Maharashtra in India. Total geographical area of Ambodi village is 2 km2 and it is the 10th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 275 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Sasvad and distance from Ambodi village to Sasvad is 2 km. Sasvad is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 2 km. District head quarter of the village is Pune which is 40 km away. 0.14 square kilometer (6%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 650 people, among them 330 (51%) are male and 320 (49%) are female. 95% of the whole population are from general caste, 5% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Ambodi village is 10%, among them 60% are boys and 40% are girls. There are 142 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Ambodi

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 650 617 33 0 65
Male 330 315 15 0 39
Female 320 302 18 0 26

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 970 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 959, in schedule caste is 1200. There are 667 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 566 people in the village are literate, among them 286 are male and 280 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Ambodi is 97%. 98% of male and 95% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Ambodi has 61% (396) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 60% male and 62% female population are working population. 58% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 1% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 59% of total female population are main and 3% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Ambodi

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 60.9% 58.9% 2% 39.1%
Male 59.7% 58.5% 1.2% 40.3%
Female 62.2% 59.4% 2.8% 37.8%