Jalabaria Village, with population of about 20 thousand is Kultali sub district's the 2nd most populous village, located in Kultali sub district of South Twenty Four Parganas district in the state West Bengal in India. Total geographical area of Jalabaria village is 23 km2 and it is the biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 864 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Jaynagar and distance from Jalabaria village to Jaynagar is 20 km. The village has its own post office and the pin code of Jalabaria village is 743338.

Demographics

The village is home to about 20 thousand people, among them about 10 thousand (51%) are male and 9915 (49%) are female. 40% of the whole population are from general caste, 59% are from schedule caste and 0% are schedule tribes. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Jalabaria village is 16%, among them 50% are boys and 50% are girls. There are 4125 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Jalabaria

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 20,138 8,077 11,961 100 3,211
Male 10,223 4,059 6,112 52 1,602
Female 9,915 4,018 5,849 48 1,609

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 23.4% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were about 16 thousand. Female population growth rate of the village is 26% which is 5% higher than male population growth rate of 21%. General caste population has increased by 60.7%; Schedule caste population has increased by 6.8%; Schedule Tribe population has increased by 9.9% and child population has increased by 4.5% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Jalabaria

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 23.4% 60.7% 6.8% 9.9% 4.5%
Male 21% 59.1% 4.5% 13% 4.1%
Female 26% 62.3% 9.3% 6.7% 5%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 970 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 990, in schedule caste is 957 and in schedule tribe is 923. There are 1004 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 38 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 8 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Jalabaria

Total General SC ST Child
Change 38 20 43 -55 8
2011 970 990 957 923 1004
2001 932 970 914 978 996

Literacy

Total about 11 thousand people in the village are literate, among them 6734 are male and 4656 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Jalabaria is 67%. 78% of male and 56% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 10%. Male literacy has gone up by 5% and female literacy rate has gone up by 17%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Jalabaria

Total Male Female
Change 10.7% 5.3% 17.1%
2011 67.3% 78.1% 56.1%
2001 56.6% 72.8% 39%

Workers profile

Jalabaria has 41% (8242) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 57% male and 24% female population are working population. 45% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 12% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 6% of total female population are main and 18% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Jalabaria

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 40.9% 25.6% 15.3% 59.1%
Male 57.4% 45.1% 12.3% 42.6%
Female 23.9% 5.5% 18.4% 76.1%