Nagapur Village, with population of 2141 is Kanpur sub district's the 81st most populous village, located in Kanpur sub district of Kanpur Nagar district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Nagapur village is 7 km2 and it is the 22nd biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 305 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Kanpur Nagar and distance from Nagapur village to Kanpur Nagar is 40 km. The village comes under Nagapur panchayat. Kanpur Sadar is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 40 km. District head quarter of the village is Kanpur Nagar which is 40 km away. 0.04 square kilometer (1%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 2141 people, among them 1148 (54%) are male and 993 (46%) are female. 91% of the whole population are from general caste, 9% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Nagapur village is 16%, among them 55% are boys and 45% are girls. There are 371 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Nagapur

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,141 1,947 194 0 340
Male 1,148 1,039 109 0 186
Female 993 908 85 0 154

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 865 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 874, in schedule caste is 780. There are 828 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 1196 people in the village are literate, among them 769 are male and 427 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Nagapur is 66%. 80% of male and 51% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Nagapur has 38% (824) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 50% male and 25% female population are working population. 32% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 19% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 3% of total female population are main and 22% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Nagapur

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 38.5% 18.2% 20.3% 61.5%
Male 50.3% 31.5% 18.7% 49.7%
Female 24.9% 2.8% 22.1% 75.1%