Kamalpur Narwal Village, with population of 2261 is Kanpur sub district's the 78th most populous village, located in Kanpur sub district of Kanpur Nagar district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Kamalpur Narwal village is 2 km2 and it is the 112nd biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 1057 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Kanpur and distance from Kamalpur Narwal village to Kanpur is 30 km. The village comes under Kamalpur Narwal panchayat. Kanpur Sadar is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 30 km. District head quarter of the village is Kanpur Nagar which is 30 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 2261 people, among them 1209 (53%) are male and 1052 (47%) are female. 52% of the whole population are from general caste, 48% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kamalpur Narwal village is 13%, among them 55% are boys and 45% are girls. There are 408 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Kamalpur Narwal

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,261 1,170 1,091 0 298
Male 1,209 619 590 0 165
Female 1,052 551 501 0 133

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 870 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 890, in schedule caste is 849. There are 806 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 1435 people in the village are literate, among them 857 are male and 578 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kamalpur Narwal is 73%. 82% of male and 63% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Kamalpur Narwal has 36% (811) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 53% male and 16% female population are working population. 47% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 6% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 5% of total female population are main and 11% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Kamalpur Narwal

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 35.9% 27.5% 8.4% 64.1%
Male 52.9% 47.2% 5.7% 47.1%
Female 16.3% 4.8% 11.4% 83.7%