Nagawa Village, with population of 2631 is Kanpur sub district's the 61st most populous village, located in Kanpur sub district of Kanpur Nagar district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Nagawa village is 4 km2 and it is the 55th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 648 persons per km2.

Nearest town of the village is Kanpur and distance from Nagawa village to Kanpur is 20 km. The village comes under Nagwa panchayat. Kanpur Sadar is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 20 km. District head quarter of the village is Kanpur Nagar which is 20 km away. 0.06 square kilometer (1%) of the total village's area is covered by forest.

Demographics

The village is home to 2631 people, among them 1426 (54%) are male and 1205 (46%) are female. 59% of the whole population are from general caste, 41% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Nagawa village is 14%, among them 56% are boys and 44% are girls. There are 484 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Nagawa

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 2,631 1,541 1,090 0 358
Male 1,426 852 574 0 201
Female 1,205 689 516 0 157

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 845 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 809, in schedule caste is 899. There are 781 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village.

Literacy

Total 1565 people in the village are literate, among them 925 are male and 640 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Nagawa is 69%. 76% of male and 61% of female population are literate here.

Workers profile

Nagawa has 31% (825) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 49% male and 10% female population are working population. 42% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 7% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 2% of total female population are main and 9% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Nagawa

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 31.4% 23.5% 7.9% 68.6%
Male 49% 42% 7% 51%
Female 10.5% 1.6% 8.9% 89.5%