Kushaliya Village, with population of 5510 is Ghaziabad sub district's the 14th most populous village, located in Ghaziabad sub district of Ghaziabad district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Kushaliya village is 7 km2 and it is the 4th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 803 persons per km2.

Pin code of Kushaliya village is 201302. The village comes under Kushaliya panchayat. Ghaziabad is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 11 km. District head quarter of the village is Ghaziabad which is 10 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 5510 people, among them 2929 (53%) are male and 2581 (47%) are female. 84% of the whole population are from general caste, 16% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Kushaliya village is 17%, among them 53% are boys and 47% are girls. There are 923 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Kushaliya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 5,510 4,630 880 0 954
Male 2,929 2,459 470 0 505
Female 2,581 2,171 410 0 449

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 24% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 4445. Female population growth rate of the village is 26.2% which is 4.2% higher than male population growth rate of 22%. General caste population has increased by 23.4%; Schedule caste population has increased by 27.2% and child population has increased by 4.4% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Kushaliya

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 24% 23.4% 27.2% 0% 4.4%
Male 22% 21.5% 25% 0% -0.8%
Female 26.2% 25.6% 29.7% 0% 10.9%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 881 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 883, in schedule caste is 872. There are 889 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 29 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 93 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Kushaliya

Total General SC ST Child
Change 29 29 32 0 93
2011 881 883 872 0 889
2001 852 854 840 0 796

Literacy

Total 3177 people in the village are literate, among them 1941 are male and 1236 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Kushaliya is 70%. 80% of male and 58% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has decreased by 0%. Male literacy has gone down by -2% and female literacy rate has gone down by 1%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Kushaliya

Total Male Female
Change -0.5% -1.8% 1.4%
2011 69.7% 80.1% 58%
2001 70.2% 81.9% 56.6%

Workers profile

Kushaliya has 33% (1809) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 46% male and 18% female population are working population. 14% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 32% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 1% of total female population are main and 17% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Kushaliya

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 32.8% 8.2% 24.6% 67.2%
Male 46% 14.2% 31.7% 54%
Female 17.9% 1.4% 16.5% 82.1%