Mahmudabad Village, with population of 687 is Ghaziabad sub district's the 9th least populous village, located in Ghaziabad sub district of Ghaziabad district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Mahmudabad village is 1 km2 and it is the 13th smallest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 491 persons per km2.

Pin code of Mahmudabad village is 201001. The village comes under Makrera Mahmudabad panchayat. Ghaziabad is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 15 km. District head quarter of the village is Ghaziabad which is 15 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 687 people, among them 369 (54%) are male and 318 (46%) are female. 27% of the whole population are from general caste, 73% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Mahmudabad village is 19%, among them 52% are boys and 48% are girls. There are 136 households in the village and an average 5 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Mahmudabad

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 687 186 501 0 129
Male 369 104 265 0 67
Female 318 82 236 0 62

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 65.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 414. Female population growth rate of the village is 59.8% which is -11.8% lower than male population growth rate of 71.6%. General caste population has increased by 37.8%; Schedule caste population has increased by 79.6% and child population has increased by 19.4% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Mahmudabad

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 65.9% 37.8% 79.6% 0% 19.4%
Male 71.6% 42.5% 86.6% 0% 11.7%
Female 59.8% 32.3% 72.3% 0% 29.2%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 862 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 788, in schedule caste is 891. There are 925 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has decreased by 64 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has increased by 125 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Mahmudabad

Total General SC ST Child
Change -64 -61 -74 0 125
2011 862 788 891 0 925
2001 926 849 965 0 800

Literacy

Total 368 people in the village are literate, among them 244 are male and 124 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Mahmudabad is 66%. 81% of male and 48% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 12%. Male literacy has gone up by 11% and female literacy rate has gone up by 11%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Mahmudabad

Total Male Female
Change 12.3% 11.1% 11.3%
2011 65.9% 80.8% 48.4%
2001 53.6% 69.7% 37.1%

Workers profile

Mahmudabad has 51% (349) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 54% male and 47% female population are working population. 17% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 38% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 4% of total female population are main and 42% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Mahmudabad

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 50.8% 11.1% 39.7% 49.2%
Male 54.5% 16.8% 37.7% 45.5%
Female 46.5% 4.4% 42.1% 53.5%