Mirpur Hindu Village, with population of 3377 is Ghaziabad sub district's the 22nd most populous village, located in Ghaziabad sub district of Ghaziabad district in the state Uttar Pradesh in India. Total geographical area of Mirpur Hindu village is 7 km2 and it is the 4th biggest village by area in the sub district. Population density of the village is 492 persons per km2.

Pin code of Mirpur Hindu village is 201102. The village comes under Mirpur Hindu panchayat. Ghaziabad is the sub district head quarter and the distance from the village is 28 km. District head quarter of the village is Ghaziabad which is 28 km away.

Demographics

The village is home to 3377 people, among them 1775 (53%) are male and 1602 (47%) are female. 80% of the whole population are from general caste, 20% are from schedule caste. Child (aged under 6 years) population of Mirpur Hindu village is 15%, among them 55% are boys and 45% are girls. There are 571 households in the village and an average 6 persons live in every family.

Caste wise male female population 2011 - Mirpur Hindu

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 3,377 2,701 676 0 522
Male 1,775 1,415 360 0 287
Female 1,602 1,286 316 0 235

Growth of population

Population of the village has increased by 25.9% in last 10 years. In 2001 census total population here were 2683. Female population growth rate of the village is 29.8% which is 7.3% higher than male population growth rate of 22.5%. General caste population has increased by 7.4%; Schedule caste population has increased by 302.4% and child population has increased by 2.4% in the village since last census.

Growth of population (percent) 2001 to 2011 - Mirpur Hindu

Total General Schedule Caste Schedule Tribe Child
Total 25.9% 7.4% 302.4% 0% 2.4%
Male 22.5% 3.4% 350% 0% 5.9%
Female 29.8% 12.2% 259.1% 0% -1.7%

Sex Ratio - Females per 1000 Male

As of 2011 census there are 903 females per 1000 male in the village. Sex ratio in general caste is 909, in schedule caste is 878. There are 819 girls under 6 years of age per 1000 boys of the same age in the village. Overall sex ratio in the village has increased by 51 females per 1000 male during the years from 2001 to 2011. Child sex ratio here has decreased by 63 girls per 1000 boys during the same time.

Change in sex ratio 2001 to 2011 - Mirpur Hindu

Total General SC ST Child
Change 51 72 -222 0 -63
2011 903 909 878 0 819
2001 852 837 1100 0 882

Literacy

Total 2287 people in the village are literate, among them 1335 are male and 952 are female. Literacy rate (children under 6 are excluded) of Mirpur Hindu is 80%. 90% of male and 70% of female population are literate here. Overall literacy rate in the village has increased by 10%. Male literacy has gone up by 8% and female literacy rate has gone up by 14%.

Change in literacy rate 2001 to 2011 - Mirpur Hindu

Total Male Female
Change 10.0% 7.4% 13.8%
2011 80.1% 89.7% 69.6%
2001 70.1% 82.3% 55.8%

Workers profile

Mirpur Hindu has 40% (1353) population engaged in either main or marginal works. 53% male and 26% female population are working population. 47% of total male population are main (full time) workers and 6% are marginal (part time) workers. For women 10% of total female population are main and 16% are marginal workers.

Percentage of working population - Mirpur Hindu

Worker (Among total population) Main Worker (Among workers) Marginal Worker (Among workers) Non Worker (Among total population)
Total 40.1% 29.3% 10.8% 59.9%
Male 53.1% 46.9% 6.3% 46.9%
Female 25.6% 9.8% 15.8% 74.4%